Whether you're chasing birds or bulls, hunting "out west" or Midwest, pursuing game with a bow, a shotgun, or rifle, trekking hills, sitting a blind, or saddled to a tree, there's something on this list for everyone. From the perfect active hunting socks to booking a private land hunting trip and everything in between, here are over 25 curated gift ideas for the hunter on your holiday list.
1. Grabber HotHands Hand Warmers ($30/box) HotHands Hand Warmers are your cold weather solution! Providing 10 hours of consistent warmth for any cold weather activity, these warmers pack well on any trip and make a big heat impact. Simply open the package, shake the warmers to activate them and place them in your gloves or pockets. 40 pair per box.
2. Kuiu Ultra Merino Crew Socks ($30) Designed for high-stress outdoor activity where additional technical support of the feet is required. Highly breathable and moisture wicking, this sock molds to your feet, ensuring shear friction is reduced and skin integrity is kept optimal. Each sock is strategically knitted so that there is only Merino wool next to the skin, allowing all it's natural moisture wicking and odor reducing properties to stay in effect.
3. 1-year Subscription to Strung Magazine ($30) A quarterly, large format sporting publication, Strung Magazine is the true voice of hunters and anglers everywhere and worthy of the coffee table. Whether it’s a pheasant hunt with friends, hours alone in a tree stand, breaking ice for late season mallards, or sweating on the bow of a skiff—Strung isn't a one trick pony. Through meaningful writing and beautiful photography, Strung ties the outdoors together.
4. Kuiu Glassing Pad ($30) Designed to make those hours of ridge top glassing a little more comfortable. Constructed out of a durable CORDURA fabric and closed cell foam, it weighs an incredibly light 1.9 ounces. The glassing pad can also be used for sitting around camp, kneeling on, or as an insulation layer for sitting on snow. Slide it between your pack bag and frame for easy access and transport, or buy it in orange and use the webbing loops on all four corners for attachment to the outside of your pack for added visibility.
5. Stanley Classic Legendary Bottle 1 qt ($36) Leakproof. Sweatproof. Drop-proof. Adventure-proof. The rugged construction and vacuum insulation on this bottle means that it can handle anything—all while keeping your hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold for a full day. Slim enough for a one-handed hold, it’s even got a twist-and-pour stopper for smoother pouring. The insulated lid also doubles as a cup for drinking. Read the review here.
6. KUIU Ultra Merino 145 Balaclava ($49) An incredibly comfortable blend of wool and nylon providing a next to skin or layered option for the highly active hunter. Naturally odor-reducing, moisture wicking and thermo regulating, the 145 is an ideal choice for hunters needing a long term effective solution in a wide range of aerobic conditions and temperatures. The 145 Neck Gaiter doubles as both a face and neck insulator as well as a tight fitting concealment garment that will stay on the face when pulled up.
7. The Original PEET Boot Dryer ($50) Provides safe, silent and energy-efficient operation so that you can leave it plugged in all the time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It uses convection technology to push slightly warmed air through specially designed AirChambers and DryPorts to quickly and quietly dry your footwear or gear. The Original PEET Dryer is ideal for drying wading boots and hunting footwear, as well as your outdoor gear. The sturdy base easily plugs into any standard 110-120 volt U.S. household current and is available in 240-volt electrical configurations (New Zealand, United Kingdom and Europe). This product is proudly made in the USA.
8. Pelican V250 Vault Ammo Case ($60) Built for hard use, high impact and supreme weather resistance, new Vault series gun cases are the most rugged and secure in their class. Equipped with a host of premium protective features at a price more hunters and shooters can afford, as only the 42-year veteran of hard knocks could deliver.
9. Kuiu Axis Glove ($60) Within the KUIU line of gloves, the Axis fills a highly water resistant void between the lightweight Attack glove and the waterproof Yukon Pro glove. This soft and quiet glove provides warmth, and dexterity for the mid to late-season hunts.
10. Phone Skope Digiscoping Adapter Kit ($75-$100) Most hunters use a set of binoculars or a spotting scope to view wildlife and nature. Adapt your smartphone to your optics with a Phone Skope Adapter to take pictures and view distant objects. Smartphone cameras are high quality and give you the ability to capture moments in the field to take home and share with your friends and family. Build yours here.
11. Alasksa Guide Creations Hybrid Max Bino Harness ($115) The Hybrid is the perfect combination of the rangefinder pocket of the A.G.C. Kodiak Cub and the mesh sides of the A.G.C. KISS. Designed to accommodate binoculars up to around 42mm objective lenses, the hook-and-bungee-system closure allows for quiet, easy, one-hand operation to open and secure the main compartment.The M.A.X. adds one additional pocket at the bottom of the pack that is well suited for storing a light pair of gloves, headlamp, knife and blades, or any other small necessities.
12. First Lite Origin Hoody ($160) A lightweight, quiet mid-layer designed to be utilized as both an outerwear piece as well as a layering option as temperatures drop. Perfect for the treestand, the blind, and the mountain side, the Origin Hoody's Shooter's Cut allows for full range of motion when drawing a bow or shouldering a rifle. Features a discretely integrated facemask and cuff thumb loops that are easily tucked away when not in use. The Origin also incorporates a large chest and kangaroo pocket with premium, rubber-dipped zip closures for secure storage. Powered by 37.5 fleece lining and HeiQ Pure, the Origin is temperature regulating, lightweight, and odor resistant making it a layer versatile enough for spring bear, spring turkey, early season whitetail, mid season elk, as well as mid to late season whitetail & western big game.
13. Badlands Scout Daypack ($170) Your spotting scope, hydration, knife, food, toilet paper…the Scout will carry all the day-hunt essentials and give you maximum mobility. After all, the hours you spend scouting can be the difference between a wall hanger and hanging it up for the season. Don't let its size fool you: the Scout is loaded with performance. That's why when the scouting's done, this is the perfect pack for those bare-bones, just-the-essentials hunts, too. Includes a 3 liter Hydration Bladder.
14. Rapid River Knifeworks Royal 7 Clip Point Hunting Knife ($175-$200 depending on handle option) One of Rapid River's best selling knife blades, the handmade Royal 7 is great for skinning. The blade length is approximately 3- 3/4" & overall length is 8-1/4". This heirloom knife comes with a high quality custom leather sheath in a collector's box and can be custom laser engraved for a small cost.
15. KUIU Guide Pant ($180) Water, wind and abrasion resistant, KUIU's best selling Guide Pants are perfect for cold late season hunts when weight, mobility, and versatility still matter. With its thick micro-fleece liner and wind and weather resistance, the Guide Pant will keep you comfortable when temperatures begin to drop and the wind chill begins to rise. Wear alone in cold conditions or layer underneath when needed. Hip vents allow heat to escape as temperatures fluctuate throughout the day. All pockets are zippered to keep contents dry and safe.
Pair it with the Kuiu Guide DCS Jacket ($250) for a complete hunting system. Durable, wind, and water-resistant, the Guide DCS outer-layer hooded jacket is built for any season. Features 4-way stretch Primeflex fabric that provides comfort in a wide range of uses and conditions.
16. First Lite Source Jacket ($210) The Source Jacket is an insulated puffy specifically made for the whitetail hunter. Unlike traditional compressible jackets, this piece is both durable and silent. It is ready to shrug off brambles on the way to your stand and it won't swish when you draw back on your target buck. The Source functions as an outer layer jacket in the first half of the season and transitions to an insulating mid-layer worn under windproof outerwear as temps drop.
17. Pelican V800 Vault Double Gun Case ($230) Crushproof, dustproof, and weather resistant. Four layers of protective foam and six push button latches offer protection and security with easy-open access. Built for hard use, high impact, and supreme weather resistance, the new Vault series gun cases are the most rugged and secure in their class. Equipped with a host of premium protective features at a price more hunters and shooters can afford.
Or go classic with one of these two options:
Tom Beckbe Classic Camo Gun Sleeve ($280) This classic camo gun sleeve protects your firearm with a heavy-duty, 14oz waxed cotton canvas printed with Tom's acclaimed Classic Camo. Padded with a ¼” ethafoam and a lined interior featuring a water repellent nylon. A full-length zippered opening provides easy access to the interior for convenience, cleaning, and drying. The gun sleeve also has a quick-access top flap with a 9-hook cinch. The reverse includes a D-ring for vertical storage. An adjustable webbed shoulder strap attaches to D-rings along the gun sleeve’s spine in regular and shortened configurations. Available in two different lengths: 48” exterior (fits a 47.5" gun), and 50” exterior (Fits a 49" gun).
Duluth Pack Canvas Shotgun Case ($410) Safely secure your shotgun for life in the this Made in the USA Duluth Pack Canvas Shotgun Case. This is a gun case that was handcrafted to be handed down. Built with rugged 15-ounce canvas, an interior padding for protecting your firearm, a weatherproof zipper, reinforced leather ends, hardware guaranteed for life, and comes with a selection of either high-quality micro-suede or Sherpa lining. Order 4" longer than the gun to ensure a proper fit.
18. Luminox Leatherback SEA Turtle Giant, 44 mm, Outdoor Watch ($345) Luminox watches are a must have for outdoor enthusiasts. Made for the Navy Seals, these watches are tough as nails, waterproof, and offer one-of-a-kind illumination. The Sea Turtle features a Swiss made carbon compound case with black dial, black carbon compound caseback, uni-directional rotating bezel with Super-LumiNova dot at 12H, tempered scratch resistant mineral crystal, and is water resistant to 100 meters. It carries the signature black PU strap with brushed stainless steel signature buckle, and loop lock. Or, for a slightly dressier look, consider the Luminox Pacific Diver ($645) You can also read my review the review of the Luminox Survival Master Series ($995) here.
19. Cabela's 80-Liter Commercial Food Dehydrator ($350) Create perfect, delicious snacks from game meats right in the comfort of your own home with the Cabela's 80-Liter Commercial Grade Food Dehydrator. Penta 360˚ Air Flo and Smart Heat technologies work together to help you create delicious and healthy dried snacks. The powerful 1,400W heater delivers smooth cooking temperatures, and the easy-to-use single-button control knob offers easy push-and-set functions, while the dehydrator's 4-color display shows the set time, set temperature, actual time, and actual temperature. The handy pre-heat function automatically starts warming the cabinet beforehand so it's ready when you are. Removable Snap-Lock rack frame system. Cooking chamber features 2 large lights with 24 high-intensity LEDs so you can see inside while cooking. Drain reservoir with removable drawer catches drippings for easy cleanup.
20. Latitude Outdoors Classic 2 Hunting Saddle Kit ($400) The Classic 2 saddle kit contains everything needed to get started saddle hunting and is ready to hunt out of the package. Included with the saddle are a set of removable leg straps, your choice between our Ultralight 10mm or VAPOR LINE 8mm ropes, and one Method Dump Pouch.
21. Lowa Tibet Superwarm GTX Boots ($470) An insulated version of Tibet GTX, this rugged boot is an ideal choice for cold weather hunting and backpacking. The Arctic Grip outsole is VIBRAM®’s most advanced cold weather traction system ever, providing extraordinary grip on wet, icy surfaces. Lined with GORE-TEX DURATHERM making them waterproof and breathable. Read a full review here.
22. Cabela's Commercial-Grade 1HP Carnivore Meat Grinder ($550) The Cabela's Commercial-Grade 1HP Carnivore Meat Grinder delivers reliable, high capacity, meat-grinding power to your home. Offering 1HP of high-efficiency, high-torque grinding power, the Carnivore's quiet, yet powerful, 750W induction motor effortlessly grinds 11-13 lbs. of boneless meat per minute. It features an improved Cool-Tek Gel Ice Pak around its grinding head to keep the meat inside cold during grinding to resist sticking and binding. A commercial-style grinder-head ring nut makes removing grinder plates, blade and auger easy, while the patented auger-pull-handle tool makes removal of the auger easy for easier cleanup. Up top, a high-capacity, heavy-gauge stainless steel meat tray makes it easy to load. Comes with 3 sausage-stuffing funnels, 2-piece snack stick funnel, meat stomper, 10mm coarse grinding plate, 4.5mm fine grinding plate, 1-way cutting knife, and stuffing star. Extra-large nonslip feet for a solid base. Carry handle for easier transport. ETL sanitation certified for commercial use.
23. EXO MTN GEAR K3 4800 Pack System ($650) A perfect do-it-all hunting pack. The K3 4800 offers the space you need to pack for a weeklong backcountry trip, yet can still compress down to a streamlined profile when only carrying the essentials. Featuring a quick-access load shelf, water bladder storage, wet storage compartment, horseshoe-shaped zip access, side stretch pockets, full-length side pockets and one of the best suspension systems on the market today.
24. Maven B1.2 Binoculars ($950) The Maven B Series represents the brand's elite line of optics, designed to fit your specific needs, delivered for a fraction of comparable binoculars’ cost, and stacking up with the most celebrated and expensive binoculars in the world. The modern sportsman-inspired designs paired with the best available materials and state-of-the-art technology, create an uncompromising optic.The B.1.2 is an updated version of Maven's popular flagship B.1 Binocular. Taking the best B.1 features and adding a wider field of view, improved coatings, a larger, wider Schmidt-Pechan prism, and packaged in a lighter, more compact build that boasts excellent light transmission. The B.1.2 features superior low-light performance, tack-sharp edge-to-edge clarity, generous depth of field, and a silky focus mechanism. Read the review from Outdoor Life here or my review here.
25. Book a private land hunt with Land Trust ($ Vary) With over 890,000 acres of land across the United States, Land Trust is the AirBB of private hunting properties. Search by species, activity, or location. Find properties, connect with landowners, and book your ultimate hunting experience.