2021 Holiday Gift Guide - Hunting
Whether you're chasing birds or bulls, hunting "out west" or Midwest, pursuing game with a bow, a shotgun or rifle, trekking hills or sitting stands, there's something on this list for everyone. From the perfect cold-weather socks to custom-built hunting rifles and everything in between, here are 17 gift ideas for the hunter on your list.
1. Smartwool Hunt Full Cusion Tall Crew Socks ($27) - Itch-free, stink-free, extra tall, warm and durable Merino wool hunting socks. Sometimes getting socks as a gift doesn't suck.
2. OnX Hunt Mapping App ($30-$100) - The best hunt mapping, tracking, way-pointing, layering, routing app on the market. A must have for any serious hunter on your list. Opt for the Premium Membership (1 state) for $30 or the Elite (all states) for $100.
3. Princeton Tec Mossy Oak Gamekeeper Remix Headlamp ($45) - True versatility in a compact, water resistant, and self-contained package. Whether your requirements call for long distance spotting, or close range area light, the 300-Lumen Remix is up to the task.
4.Tamrak Hunting Supply Rifelman Vest ($100) - Named in honor of frontline Infantry soldiers, the Rifleman vest is durable, weather resistant and quiet with smart features and quality materials.
5. Razco Bino Harness Chest Holster/Gen 2 ($130) - When you hunt in dangerous country it's nice to have your firearm in close reach. The Razco attaches to your bino harness and is specifically molded to your firearm.
6. First Lite Whitetail Storage Kit/Medium ($215) - For keeping your kits scent-free and ready to deploy at any time. With one Medium and one Large Roll Top Stuff Sack and a Medium Dirtbag Duffle, the Whitetail Storage Kit is a do-it-all storage solution. The Medium Roll Top is excellent for keeping baselayers and accessories in one scent-free location. The Large Roll Top Stuff Sack is big enough for your mid-layers and outerwear. Drop 'em into the Medium Dirt Bag Duffle and you've got an integrated system that's worthy of being on your ATV or over your shoulders at the airport.
7. Kuiu Axis Hybrid Jacket ($280) and 8. Pants ($230) - The Axis Hybrid line features Toray high-stretch, fleece-backed fabric, enhanced wind resistance through bonding technology, and strategic hybrid waterproof construction panelized in critical areas to provide protection from the elements, with enough breathability to keep you from wetting out from the inside.
9. White River Knife and Tool Sendero Classic Knife ($300) - Heirloom-quality hand-crafted, classic-style knife made in collaboration with Jerry Fisk and White River Knives.
10. First Lite Sanctuary 2.0 Insulated Bib Pant ($375) - The Sanctuary 2.0 Insulated Bib Pant builds off the foundation of the original Sanctuary Bib with updates to the fabric package, fit, and features. The bib is purpose-built for bitter-cold days in the treestand and is the coldest weather component of the First Lite Layering Kit. With a proprietary combination of seven layers of fabric and insulation carefully positioned to maximize warmth, this thing is an oven. Designed to be ultra-quiet, durable, windproof, and water-resistant (except for the seat, which is waterproof), it will keep you dry while sitting all day in the stand. In addition, the Sanctuary 2.0 Bib is packed with whitetail features, including treestand-specific pocketing, full leg zips, adjustable waistband, and KitLink system compatibility.
11. Pelican Air Bow Case ($400) - Expertly designed to meet the unique needs of bow hunters. Featuring the trademark Pelican™ Air case construction, it’s up to 40% lighter weight than the competition. The exterior features six heavy duty, push button latches (including two TSA approved locking latches), 4 stainless steel lock hasps, and wheels for easy transit. The interior components provide modular storage, allowing for a wide range of configurations .
12. Latitude Outdoors Method 2 Hunting Saddle Kit ($425) - The Method 2 starter kit contains everything needed to get started saddle hunting and it is rigged and ready to go out of the package.
13. Lowa Tibet Superwarm GTX Boots ($460) - An insulated version of Tibet GTX, this rugged boot is an ideal choice for cold weather hunting and backpacking. The Arctic Grip outsole is VIBRAM®’s most advanced cold weather traction system ever, providing extraordinary grip on wet, icy surfaces. Lined with GORE-TEX DURATHERM® making them waterproof and breathable. Read a full review here.
14. Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 Hunting Pack/Xcurve Frame ($685) - A full-feature pack designed to blend lightweight design with increased access and organization. It can be converted to a 4,000 cubic inch day/bivy pack and is load shelf compatible to add another 2,500+ cubic inches for larger loads as needed. From day hikes using minimal volume, to extended trips using 8,000+ cubic inches, the Sky Talus is easily convertible in the field to fit the pack volume needed on any given day.
15. Luminox Bear Grylls Survival Chronograph MASTER Series - 3741 ($975) - Luminox's reputation for building watches to not only withstand but perform in extreme conditions makes it the perfect watch for outdoor pursuits of all types. They partnered with Bear Grylls to roll out the Luminox X Bear Grylls limited collection made specifically for outdoor adventurers. This is a rugged Swiss-made timepiece crafted to perform in extreme situations through multi-functional design and state of the art materials. Read the full review here.
16. Maven RS.1 - 2.5-15 X 44 Riflescope ($1,200) - Crystal clear ED glass for tack-sharp clarity, a silky focus mechanism, precision-milled adjustments, solid click detents, and durable anodizing to resist heavy use. You can watch the complete unboxing video here.
17. BONUS: Custom-Built Hunting Rifle From Flint Ridge Rifles ($3,800-$4,375) - Got someone on the list that's been extra good this year (or maybe a reward for yourself)? Consider a cutom build from one of the best in the business.